helping manage the challenges at home
O.T.WEST Therapists specialise in providing assessment and treatment services to people who may have dementia. This includes:
- Assessing the person’s cognitive state and capacity to manage daily activities, using contemporary assessment methods;
- Developing individual intervention plans to maximise cognitive and physical functioning;
- Providing advice on self-management, wellbeing, environment and care services if required;
- Offering guidance and support to families or aged care facilities in managing complex issues related to dementia; and
- Providing advice on the role of cognitive stimulation, healthy lifestyle and recreational activities in reducing the risk of people developing dementia.